Notice: We are no longer using these forums. Please visit and subscribe to the Tribal Hero subreddit for community discussions or our wiki site.

We'll keep the forums around until we can get all of the useful content here moved into the wiki but no new discussions will be started.

Help Needed

Talk about anything related to Tribal Hero

Help Needed

by giulianob » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:37 pm

We usually only have a team of 2 programmers in the game. This means the two of us have to focus on A LOT of things to make the game work. We are currently looking for help in a few different areas.

• Server administration. We use both WIndows and Linux servers and are looking for people who have devops experience.
  • Graphics. We currently need help with UI design, icons, concept art, and potentially a website redesign.
  • Community relationships. Someone who can help keep various community websites (Reddit, Facebook, etc..) up to date with new info, help address some common questions in the forums, post about the game in new places, etc...

We have spent thousands of hours over the years working on this game and we are trying to expand our team with people who are also committed. Please only contact us if you have the motivation and will take this seriously. We are open to giving shares of the game for people who make an impact.

If you are interested, email me at giuliano<AT>tribalhero.com or through a forum PM with details about your skills.
giulianob
Site Admin

Re: Help Needed

by YodadaJew » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:45 pm

what ever happend to this artist?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=530

i think i can try to draw some stuff later this week, im not an 'PRO' by any means im just starting out.
YodadaJew

by giulianob » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:50 pm

YodadaJew wrote:what ever happend to this artists?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=530

He is doing the main game art. Its expensive to hire him to do icons and interface so if anyone wants to help with that it would be great.
giulianob
Site Admin

by YodadaJew » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:55 pm

giulianob wrote:
YodadaJew wrote:what ever happend to this artists?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=530

He is doing the main game art. Its expensive to hire him to do icons and interface so if anyone wants to help with that it would be great.

ah thats to bad to hear, i can try to make some icons and maybe come up whit an interface but i dont have much time due classes and work.
YodadaJew

by tarast » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:25 pm

I'd be interested in helping out with Reddit.
tarast

by Julius » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:49 pm

As far as helping with the UI goes I may be able to do a few things.
Julius

by giulianob » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:42 pm

Julius wrote:As far as helping with the UI goes I may be able to do a few things.

What exactly? are you an artist or programmer?
giulianob
Site Admin

by veritas » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:56 pm

I'm a python / php / LAMP junkie, so my skillset isn't particularly what you are looking for, but...

If you open up some sort of simple api, I'd be super-interested in building 3rd party tools for the game like a souped up map explorer.

Is there a dump of map data you either currently have or would consider doing in the future? I saw the data.xml and Game_en.xml with some basic game data, but nothing with actual map data. Format doesn't matter.
veritas

by Julius » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:49 pm

Sorry for not elaborating. I'm an artist, although I do dabble in Java.
Julius

by giulianob » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:07 pm

Julius wrote:Sorry for not elaborating. I'm an artist, although I do dabble in Java.

Are you good at doing icon work? I would love for someone who can remake a bunch of the icons :D
giulianob
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion